7/23/08

Coffee Talk Chit-chat. Captivating Ch. 1

Well here we go...wow...I'm getting the sneaking suspicion we are going deep ladies...deep into the woman's spirit...I really feel like this book is going to help me on many levels...with my self of course...with my daughter...and with the women that surround me every day...it's very exciting and maybe just a little scary? Anywho this is what penetrated me most from Ch 1 with some of my own thoughts and opinions as well as some open ended questions that I'm not quite sure what the answers should be...

Ch 1 The Heart of a Woman

On page 8 Staci says this:
God created me as a woman. God created man in his own image (Gen 1:27). What ever it means to bear his Image I do as a woman . My feminine heart has been created with the greatest of all possible dignities - as a reflection of Gods own heart. And so the journey to discover what God meant when he created woman in his image-when he created me as his woman-The journey begins with my heart. The journey begins with desire.
I have never really looked at the creation of me in this way...yes I've heard and read this scripture time and time again...God created man in his own image...but I've never contemplated the literal me the woman me being a part of God him self or as Staci put it as a reflection of Gods own heart....
So I'm assuming that this is what this book is about...on page 8 it states:
Every woman in her heart longs for 3 things:
1. To be romanced
2. to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure.
3. and to unveil beauty.
Something that really stuck out to me concerning the 1st longing of a woman is on page 9:
A woman wants to feel wanted and fought for...Staci refers to the prince and rescue movies we grow up with as girls and maybe the same concept in the movies we enjoy today...and hear is one of my open ended questions...
Q: Do we feel like this naturally because it's how God made us or did society tell us to feel this way?
Page 10 states...When we are young, we want to be precious to someone-especially Daddy. As we grow older, the desire matures into a longing to a pursued, desired, wanted as a woman.
So some of my out loud thought to this are these:
Q: OK so if when we are young and wanting to be precious to someone especially daddy. what happens to the little girls who don't have a daddy growing up for one reason or another...or...their dads just never treat them as "precious"?
I guess the desire is still present even though the father isn't there physically or emotionally to fill it. But how does the unfulfilled desire affect them?
Pg 10 Author statement:
Most of our addictions ( not all..most) as women flare up when we feel that we aren't loved or sought after.
Q: Do we agree with this statement?
Well here are a FEW of my thoughts on Ch 1 What did you think? Good or bad I'd love to hear them...your thoughts that is...

No comments: