7/13/09

James

James 1:4
Perseverance must finish its work so that Brandi may be mature and complete not lacking anything.

Soooo I guess that means we will never stop going through the tests of trials or faith...since I have to be mature and complete not lacking in anything...that isn't going to happen until I'm in heaven with God...ugh...well it's funny that I just so happen to be studying James...I failed a trial today I failed my chance to be Christ like in patience and with my words and heart...I AM A FAILURE...I have a big L in the middle of my forehead....and as I read the life application part of James 1:4 I feel even worse...it says this: It is easy to be kind to others when everything is going well, but can we still be kind when others are treating us unfairly? Me not so much...I guess I can look forward to many more opportunities to mature and grow in this area...great...for today I am asking forgiveness and praying for God to change my heart because I just can't get there on my own...but that doesn't come as a big surprise to Him...
Lord change my heart...amen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the main themes in scripture is GOD's continous work in our lives. I have not reached my limits praise GOD. But, I swear sometimes GOD's work hurts. Loving this study!

Jonny B.

Brandi said...

Let me tell you I am feeling the pain brother!!!!
B

Anonymous said...

I do hope that I am more mature today. I can think of some stupid ways that I screwed up friendships and as I screw them up now (cause I still do!) I just hope im not making the same stupid mistakes. I know that I still have a long way to go. As I was listening to Francis Chan, I just kept thinking, "thank you GOD for forgiving me and loving me in spite of me!"
-Josie

Debra D. said...

Brandi, this is the EXACT verse that the Lord gave me last week while I was praying and asking him for knowlegde about what I feel he is allowing me to go through right now, what work he is trying to do in me? I read this last week but just now realized that it was the EXACT same verse! I don't think that is a coincidence....do you?
I'm asking the Lord to help me, give me wisdom to understand the trials and the testing of my faith so that I can persevere and become more like him!!
You are not alone my friend, sometimes it's hard to understand how his power can be shown through our weakness...huh? I want to believe that his grace is sufficient for me, but when your in the grips of the battle it's hard sometimes!!
We will PERSEVERE!!!
It's growing pains!!
Love you girl!!!

Brandi said...

AMEN!!!!
Thanks guys...you incourage me!!!