2/24/10

The Delight of Sacrifice...Ugh

My reading today really struck me...well...right between the eyes!! The title of my post was actually the title of my reading without the Ugh of course...It comes from 2 Corinthians 12:15 (chapter 12 Verse 15). which reads "I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls..."the focus of the reading was this: Paul spent his whole life for only one purpose...that he might win people to Jesus Christ. It goes on to state the truth that Paul always attracted people to his Lord, but never to himself...it has left me asking my self two questions: Do I willingly and deliberately lay down my interests for Christ and His interest in other people and do I truly consider it a delight to sacrifice or to lay down my life for my friend, Jesus as He has laid His life down for me. It also makes me think of John 15:13 in a whole new way. It reads: "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends". I've always taken this very literal and now I'm think'n it can mean lay down all of my desires, my life, my convenience, for my friends to allow God to use me in what ever way He sees fit to play my part in helping them become who Christ has created them to be and in turn me myself becoming who God created me to be???
Thoughts?

No comments: