4/11/11

The Book I'm Reading Ch 4-6

Page 68
Time is a relentless River. It rages on, a respecter of no one.

Wow isn't this a true statement. I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't wish there were more hours in it... Chapter 4 really got me wondering if I ever spend my life in the moment?? I am so busy hurrying to the next moment that I'm never in the actual moment... This so needs to change in my life. Just one more thing  to work on.  Be present in all of my moments.  and Thankful in my moments...

Page 68 goes on to say:
And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I FULLY enter time's swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here. I can slow the torrent by being all here. Light Bulb!!!! Enter my moments with the weight of ALL my attention.

Ch. 5
What is grace? WHAT IS GRACE... when I think about grace it feels very complicated to me. I also feel a little guilty like it shouldn't be complicated but I can't help it... like in this chapter when Ann finds her self questioning the distribution of God's grace. How is it determined that my son lives your son doesn't. You can have children but she can't? Of course we don't know or see ALL as God does. We don't realize or can't see that God's grace covers every part of our life when our humanness stands there staring and saying this DOES NOT feel like grace. However I am not receiving less grace than my brother or sister... It's just that my grace is shaped differently. This is the grace plan that my life, my purpose, my journey calls for. GRACE...hmmmmm

Ch 6

What do you want?

Wow that's a tuff one for me... Do you guys know what you want? Are you able to answer this question?


So did anyone else start or plan to start your list or a gratitude journal????

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Renee,

Thank you again for sharing the "Bloom in Courage" link...WOW it is amazing and soooo makes this journey even more special...

b