4/2/11

Sacrifice...

sac•ri•fice

 [sak-ruh-fahys] noun, verb, -ficed, -fic•ing.

–noun

1. The offering of animal, plant, or human life or of some material possession to a deity, as in propitiation or homage.

2. The person, animal, or thing so offered.

3. The surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim.

4. The thing so surrendered or devoted.

5. A loss incurred in selling something below its value.

I have been pondering on the word sacrifice. It’s not a wonder seeing how we are entering the Easter season. But I’ve been wondering if I stay connected to the word sacrifice in my life, at least most of the time. No I don’t think I do. Living a life of sacrifice is a selfless life. I unfortunately believe I spend a lot of my life selfishly. Yesterday during the 15-20 min we sacrifice at the office for a unified devotion to our God we discussed the true story from the bible of Abraham and Isaac. Maybe you are reading this and you don’t know this particular story of sacrifice in the bible. You can find it here… this story always sends my head into a frenzy of self discussion. How do you get to that level of complete belief that God will provide and even if that means I have to sacrifice my child for your plan God I will do it. I can’t even relate! Yet I know people who have had to sacrifice there child to God’s divine plan. No they didn’t build a physical alter and lay them on it to wield their weapon of destruction. The choice wasn’t theirs to make. But their child is gone none the less and they press on move forward in faith believing that God’s plan is better than their own even though they will never understand until they are united with their child and their God in heaven.

I have a hard enough time sacrificing my time, my money, my what ever!! My prayer is that I work towards a life that reflects my God. I believe that on this journey he is telling me “Brandi work on your sacrifice. It’s for your good and mine”. Well when I look at the cross and meditate on all Christ has done and does and will do for me. It’s the least I can do.


b

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh girl, you said a mouthful ... Sacrifice ... definitely a struggle. Thanks for sharing this. Love you!