1/13/12

Connection...

What makes us not want to connect with people???

Maybe you don't have this problem... If you don't count yourself lucky because it doesn't come so easy for some of us.

It's not that I believe we are supposed to have this deep connection with everybody. But I do believe that God places people in our lives to connect deeply with for one reason or another.

Sometimes I have this picture in my mind like... remember growing up and there was that one man in your life that would hold your head as you tried to reach for them to playfully knock them around a bit??? I feel like that! I'm standing there holding my arm out palm flat on peoples forehead letting them flail about while sizing them up. Even though my  mind is say JUST PUT YOUR ARM DOWN.... my brain is flashing a red stop you've come far enough light screaming caution  caution  CAUTION.

Hmmmm something to pray about...

Lord help me to just put my arm down and trust you...amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to that feeling. In my vida/life I feel there are times of drought and times when the rivers flow full with an abundance of fish/life.... and the need to reach out to it. i guess i have to look within myself and ask myself why I go through those changes. Thank God I have at least one friend who knows that about me and has always understood that and has never taken my times of drought personally. I have recently been learning these things about myself and most importantly to accept them as who i am and to stop feeling bad about it. I suppose the thing I must learn now is how to communicate these things with friends that I want to keep, so that they too will understand... Especially since I have lost so many :( because of my lack of self-understanding and communication.
josie

Brandi said...

love you, love the way you express yourself... thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one my friend.

Kimberly said...

Of course, I realize I haven't actually seen you 'in person' since 1978 & you were a little girl but, having followed your blog for quite a while now, I would never have guessed that you have difficulty connecting with any one. You've really ministered to me & been a joy. We all have challenges (whether others know it or not)... praying for you girlie. Love you :)