4/21/12

" do what needs to be done "

It's kind of a weird statement I know... but it's true. the more I feel like me the more I realize just how far away I've been.

Maybe it's my age? My mom says I'm menopausal... who know she could be right??? i mean i did just turn 42! What ever the reason is I'm loving it.

I have a new mantra...

I went to a Women's Retreat last month with the ladies from my church. I had been asked to lead worship for the weekend and really had a great time with the ladies and spending time connecting with my God.

During one of the speakers sessions she had shared with us that God had given her a sort of theme for the year and it was "do the right thing". As I pondered these words I asked my self "hey... why don't I ever ask God for a  theme or focus for my life". I desperately  wanted to make her theme my own but know matter how hard I tried it just wasn't a fit.

Now that I've been home living my life I have received my very own theme or mantra or focus. " Do what needs to be done ". So now as I live out my  life minute by minute "doing what needs to be done" from the laundry to attending the Catalyst conference this past week I've found my peace, my joy and understanding even revelation the me I've never been.

What's your theme? If you don't have one I highly recommend connecting with your God and asking. For me... it's been a life changer.

b

No comments: