4/29/12

gray hair...ugh

I am sad...

I keep having terrible allergic reactions to my hair being colored. My last experience being the worst. This past Thursday  I colored my hair for the last time. It will never be worth the risk again! Yes, I know this may seem a little dramatic  but after my eye swelling up, my lungs feeling like I had an elephant on my chest, my lips turning blue and scaring my children to death by handing them the bottle of color and telling them to give this to who ever comes if I loose contentiousness and they have to call 911. It's over! Sounds irrational but trust me it was the most rational thing to do at the time. It was a very scary moment. By the way today I am loosing the first layer of skin on my scalp... it's lovely

So now what? I'm researching hair cuts I think my husband and I can live with. Realizing I need all new hair products and hoping that I can some how not feel like I should be ordering off the senior citizen menu...

The plan...  cut my hair into a just above the shoulder choppy bob that I will mostly where straight, grow my hair out about 2 inches and find someone who can match the color. I'm thinking as long as the color does not touch my skin I should be fine. However I may end up needing to do it myself because well... I have trust issues

So I'm ashamed to say that if I let my self I could get a big knot in my throat and maybe even sob over this. I really can't figure out what that means other than the fact that I must be very vain.

Hope...???



ugh...

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh girl I can sense your pain! You are beautiful and it's more important that you're safebwith gray hair than the alternative. Love u
Les

Brandi said...

I love you I miss sharing everyday life with you...

Kimberly said...

Oh girlie, God bless your heart. Your description of the incident left me feeling like I had an elephant on my chest! That was pretty major! I've never heard of anything like that happening & I had certainly never given it any thought (but I will from now on!) I think your idea is a good one & I love the color that will have to be matched ... you'll look very hot & very cool ... all at the same time! Be sure to post pics of your new sexy momma self! Love ya!

Leslie said...

Me too when can we talk or Skype ?? ;)

Brandi said...

I'de love to pick 1 day a week that we can have a skype date!!!! Let me know what days would work for you and we'll pick one...