3/12/09

Had To Share...

This comes from this book by David Crowder...that I am loving...part of his response to Psalms 8.
One attribute of habitual praise is that it is inherent in creation. We tell the glory of God by our very existence. It is unavoidable. We can choose whether to amplify this or not. We can choose to be moved by this or not. Maybe we just need a simple book beside our beds that reminds us of who the household name is. Either way we respond with the heavens, the greatness of the Creator-but when you have met Him, when He has called you His own, then you must open your mouth in response to report this mystery: that the majestic One would come near, would lean in close in all of His glory and embrace us, to mend the division between Him and us. The most famous One of all is concerned with us! Sometimes our awareness of who we are, in light of who He is, is so present and vivid that we become explosions of rescue.
Sometimes praise is impossible to contain. It is a violently full river for which there is no dam high enough or wide enough to contain it. He will be on the tip of our tongue. He will spill out. We will be standing in a room waiting for others eyes to meet ours so we can run with a smile that floods and drowns.
This really challenges me...Do I see Christ in ALL His greatness...is worship of Him impossible for me to contain!!! What am I actively doing to remind my self of His greatness???
Lord help me to see You...really see You...and know You and experience You...so that You spill out of me...overflow through me...that there is none of me left...just You...I choose...to be moved by the greatness of You...amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great! I want the book!

Jess