4/25/09

A Great Day...

Today was cheer tryouts for my 14 year old baby girl...as I watched her I began reflecting on a year ago at this time...she was soooo nervous and excited and so was I and so were my two homies that sat with me in support of me and my baby girl...wispering...giggling...holding our breath when it was her turn...taking pictures and video taping her every move confident that she was the best one out there...man that was fun...
But today was different...she was an old pro...laughing with her friends...confident...leading her little cheakas in a mantra of giggles and silliness...and me...I was fluttering around with my man buy my side...lugging in tables and candy and muffins...ice chests with water the cash box a Starbucks travel box full of liquid energy...and lunch for the judges...how did this happen...I joke of this often...but to tell you the truth I'm enjoying every minute...
But also in my reflections I realized...another year is gone...even now my throat is tight and my eyes are blurry...where has the year gone??? My baby...my baby...she's growing up and I'm feeling the sting of time filling my heart once again...
Oh Lord help me to enjoy every minute...to be aware of the moments...the precious moments...

No comments: