1/20/10

Trial vs. Consequence

God is taking me on a million new journeys it feels like...but...yesterday I was listening to one of my fave radio pastors James McDonald...he was teaching on trials and consequences and the difference between the two...this concept really struck me...I began to ask my self do I live knowing and understanding the difference between these two things...and how many times have I believed that a consequence to my own actions was a trial that God was taking me through...so what is the difference...well...a consequence is a result of something you've done yourself...for example I am beautiful full figured woman as a consequence to me continually giving into the temptation of food!!! A trial...lets just take Haiti as an example these precious people are going through a trial...something that they had no control over but are having to walk through...so my prayer is this...Lord help me to see the difference between these two very different things...help me to make the choices in life that result in the consequences you desire...and to lean on you through my trials and know you have purpose in them and even though I may not see the purpose or understand help me to choose your peace and rest in faith believing in the midst of them...amen

2 comments:

Glenda said...

I was looking online for additional words of wisdom to share with a friend regarding "trials versus consequences" --- and I came upon your blog. James MacDonald is my pastor, so to see you reference him here brings the teaching home. Thanks for sharing this application to Haiti....so true. May God continue to bless you with His wisdom --- especially since you're using it to help others! Keep blogging!

Brandi said...

Glenda!
Thank you so much for your incouragment...
I pray God watches over you, blesses you and keeps you and your friend...

Blessings,
Brandi