5/23/11

The Book I'm Reading...


I just tore my self away from this book ending chapter 6... I hate cleaning day :) I must get to it but I will get back to this wonderful book as soon as possible.

"Every Last Cuckoo" is not a disappointment.

I love the way Kate Maloy has started this book. The introduction of characters told through the memory of Sarah as her husband is lying injured in the freezing snow and cold. There faithful canine by their side help on the way. I am enjoying the perspective of a healthy loving marriage with normal family struggle. Loving each other in spite of it all and working through it. 

The Vermont setting is nice. The dreamy farm house with trees and nature as far as the eye can see. I can kind of see it. Imagine it in my head. I have been to Vermont many years ago and I can picture the environment that the story is told.

As Sarah reminisces about the depression I try to imagine my self there. I wonder what my family would have been like. Would we have been like Sarah's family? Opening our door to any family member that needed shelter, a place to call home? How would we have walked out such a life?

So far a pleasurable read!!!

B

No comments: