5/19/11

held captive...

My thoughts are held captive.

Jesus died on the cross to eradicate the space in between me and Him. Ripping it away aggressively, passionately, violently. God desires me, longs for me, pursues me. It make me think of this scripture… When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? Psalm 8:3-4 (niv)

As of late I think of this daily. My thoughts are truly held captive. No space between us. God has shown me that I am the only one who can create the space between us. That any time there is distance it is self induced. I am forcing the separation.

What is it? Do you have space between you and our loving savior? What is it? Ask God to show you. Draw near to Him, press in, feel His presence, listen.

Thank you Jesus for the hideous death you suffered to take every bit of space between us away, for loving me that much. I pray God that you show me what I allow to creep in and steal you away from me. I pray that we cling so deeply that I will know when it is threatened.
I love you so very much. In Jesus name I pray…amen

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful & powerful words. Thank you for sharing them my sweet friend. <3 U

Brandi said...

Love you...