2/15/08

BOYS...UGH............

Oh man!!!!! Today Brittani (my 13 year old) had a BOY over for the first time...EVER!!! We are entering into the boyfriend phase and let me just tell you it's going over like a lead balloon with daddy...I new something was up today when Brit called me after school to ask me if she could walk home with some of her friends...it felt like a set-up...but I decided it would be ok as long as she called me when she got 1/2 way home so I new she was still on her way...well she called 1/2 way and asked if this BOY could come over for a while and visit...my first instinct of course was to say NOWAY!!! But my more rational side said I'de rather he be at my house with me under the same roof and hey lets get a look at this little brat that's trying to steel my baby girls affection... I called Darin right away to warn him and to make sure he didn't come home and embarrass his little princess...I accomplished the first but not the second half of my goal...all considered I think it went pretty well...we stayed in our room pretending to watch TV while listening to them playing Guitar Hero in the living room...2 hours later the BOY finally left...and Darin and I came to the horrible realization...
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!

2 comments:

sharon said...

Welcome to the club. We went through that with both our girls and you are never quite ready for it.

All you can do is to help her make good decisions when it comes to things of the heart and choosing a boy to spend her time with.

Remember, Michelle met Tim when she was 15. You never know!

Love you

Rhonda said...

Oh and how she was beaming when she told me about it.