2/3/08

"See What Happens When A Pretty Girl Talks To Me"

I remember the first day I laid eyes on my honey...it was the summer of 1987...he stood against the wall at Lakewood Pacific Theater (were I worked) waiting to be interviewed standing between the managers door and the breakroom door...with one leg propped up on the wall, hands in his pockets of a grey pair of levis with a big ink stain were he claims a pen had broken earlier that day...he thought he was soooo cool...he'll argue that fact but he knows it's true...little did I know I was looking at my future as I huddled up with a group of girls gossiping about who he might be...He got the job and absolutely irritaded me always...he thought he was funny but he wasn't...until one evening I was working popcorn and he was next to me working drinks...we were in conversation and he was so intently listening to what ever trivial story I was telling him...his large soda began to over flow on to the sleeve of his lovely brown polyester suit coat...and he, with all his charm, unleashed the now famous quote..."see what happens when a pretty girl talks to me"...something changed that night...WOW here we are 21 years later celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary tomorrow...I love you honey...#67 Rules...D+B forever TLA...little did I know when I was writing that on my peachy folder it was going to be true love forever...what a lucky girl...oxoxoxoxxx

10 comments:

DonnaG said...

That's a great story! Thanks for letting us in on your life. How cool.

Anonymous said...

Honey!

I just love that story!!! I know that I already know all of that, but I loved hearing you tell it again :)

Mom

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary. I remember you two back in the day - 21 years ago! Wow, doesn't seem like it was that long ago. You have always been such a cute couple.

MLasch said...

What a great story!!

Dave Peeters said...

Thanks for the story, we always think of you as our other daughter.

Dave

Brandi said...

Come see your other daughter soon and bring her other parents...miss you guys

Sheri Leming said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
You both still look fabulous! I'm so glad you found each other. God is so good! It's obvious that you are still crazy about each other! That is so REFRESHING!!!!

Love you guys!
Sheri

sharon said...

Brandi,

What a great story. I met Dave when he worked in a grocery store and he "checked me out". Now we have celebrated our 40th Anniversary. Time sure flies. Cherish every day with Darin.

Love you,

Rhonda said...

He had some smooth talkin'. And you're right. That is a great picture. You can ALWAYS count on Jen!

Anonymous said...

I remenber when your mother told me, "Brandi has a new boyfriend." I thought, "Oh, okay."
Then she said, "He goes to Jordan High School." I said, "absolutely not! Your mother said, "I can't believe my ears. You've never been closed minded about anything."
Then she closed my mouth with her next statement, "He's the president of the student body, the captain of the football team, and He's a straight "A" student." . . . you said that long ago in the theatre, something changed between you and Darin. Well, that night inside our home, God once again showed me the NEED for constant change in my life with Him.
Darin was all those things, that's true. But, since then He's been so much more to us all. He's a tribute to his good parents, Don and Mary.
We're lucky to have you both.
Who would have thought that the strongest spiritual influance in my life would come from my wife's womb.

I Love You, My Baby.

Dad.