2/11/08

Mom and Dad...


Longing: An Intense Desire
I've often struggled with the word " longing "...referred to in the bible..."longing for Christ"...I've asked the Lord "do I long for you God"...in moving to Hanford I believe God has given me a glimps of what longing is...I LONG for my parents desperately the majority of the time...I miss being able to pop in whenever...going thrift store shopping with my mom...them coming to see me when I'm sick...showering me with their love they are always so ready to give me...having my dad playing guitar for me on a Sunday morning...being able to bounce song ideas off of him and him playing the perfect chored that I just can't hear on my own...and so many other things...
I must admit in learning what longing is it's painful...and I haven't longed for Christ as I should...I'm still working on that...and I have learned something else...the more I know Him and depend on him for ALL things...even filling the holes I have longing for my parents...the more I will be unable not to long for Him...
So...He comforts me in my longing and continues to show me grace on my journey to know him more...Thank you God...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet baby, how I miss you!!

I Love You So,
Mom

Anonymous said...

THE DEFINITION OF "OASIS" IS, A PLACE IN A DESERT THAT IS FERTILE, AND COVERED WITH GREEN VEGETATION.

YOU ARE A CONSTANT "OASIS" IN MY LIFE, HONEY.

YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT JUST PUTTING MY HEAD ON YOUR SHOULDER, AND HUGGING YOU SOOTHES ME, CALMS ME.
YOU ARE SUCH A GIFT FROM GOD.

I LOVE YOU, MY BABY.

Dad.