10/30/08

Tell our stories...

Lesson # 2
This came to me in a sort of ripple affect of current events...one being the book about Rehab Unashamed that I just finished...there is a part in the book the night before the Israelites were going into battle...that the elders called the children around and told them their stories about God and all he had done to get them to the place they found them selves...my thought when I read this was...we have got to remember to tell our stories to the generations...the stories of Christ's faithfulness in our own lives...but when I was further studying the bible the thought came to me...do my children know our stories from this book? The stories past down from generations the legacies of Christ and his people left to teach us who God is...was...and always will be...Hmmmmm...so I decided to talk to my son first and I asked him...Colton...do you know the story of Daniel in the lions den? No...how about David and Goliath?Kind of...ummm what about Peter James and John in the sail boat? There nets were filled with fish...what about passover?...nope...my heart sank and I realized I have failed to teach my child the stories that matter most...I moved on to Brittani and she new more than her brother...which her wonderful Elementary Sunday school teacher Linda deserves all acclaim...thank you Linda...I told them how sorry I was that they didn't learn these truths about our savior yet and that the reason why these stories are sooo important is because it teaches us who God is...how he handles things...I gave them the desert example about the Israelites wondering for all those years because they didn't obey God...but that God never left them...He provided for them all that they needed and gave them chance after chance to get it...and how that teaches us even though we make mistakes God will never leave us He will have grace and mercy on us and give us chances to do better next time...also that there are consequences for the decisions we make good and bad...you know what...they both got it...and couldn't wait to get started...Soooo we started at the beginning and we wont stop until we reach the end...

Thank you God for showing me what I need to work on and giving me another chance to get it right...I love you...amen

No comments: