2/5/09

Coffee Talk Chit Chat

The way of a worshiper Ch. 4

Innocence Found

When we were utterly helpless...God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (Romans 5:6,8)

You cannot make yourself holy. Only God can make you holy. You cannot earn holiness-your generous acts of charity may make you a great philanthropist, but they will not make you holy. You cannot learn holiness-your wealth of Bible knowledge may make you a great theologian, but it will not make you holy. Holiness is God's gift of grace. The only way to get holiness is to surrender to it.
I am the Lord, who makes you holy. (Exodus 31:13)
I am the Lord, who make you holy. (Leviticus 20:8)
I am the Lord, who makes you holy. (Leviticus 22:32)

Some of you reading these words today carry the burden and memory of a horrible past, and it has paralyzed you.
You may have committed violent acts; you may be struggling with addictions and habits and thought patterns; you may be living with the guilt of abortion, or sexual sin...and you think, "There is just no way I can come to God-not in the condition I'm in. I'm too far gone. I've tried it before-too many times-and I've failed. That stuff may be good for other people, but it's too late for me."
If you think you are too sinful for God, then you are just what he is looking for. Jesus came to seek and to save the lost (Lk 19:10).

I'm soooo thankful that we don't earn salvation or Holiness or anything that God offers us including Himself...That we are saved by Grace...I'm thankful that God doesn't expect us to be perfect and loves us anyway...we are taught that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is...but in this case it is too good to be true but it is true...we can have a relationship with God as soon as we choose to no matter what condition we are in...it is completely a come as you are deal...I love you God...Thanks for loving me...just as I am...because of who I am...I love you so...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked my book. Found you when I googled the title this afternoon.
Buddy Owens