5/18/09

Matthew 7:7-8
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
As I ponder this scripture this morning I'm left wondering...am I asking...am I seeking...am I knocking...how much am I truly desiring God's presence in my life? I'm feeling an old familiar stirring in my soul and it is good...I find when I get into the place of not putting God first in my life I begin to get glimpses of the memory of what that feels like...which is an unveiling of my heart condition...I can either ignore it and move forward in my self consumption or embrace God as he tugs at my heart reminding me that He is here and He misses me...HE misses me...why I do not know...but this day...I will embrace Him throw myself into His arms and thank Him for loving me...for pursuing me...for desiring me to sit at his feet...thank you God...I love you so and I am sorry...please forgive me...I turn my face toward you and press in...amen

No comments: