6/2/10

Brazil...

I am going to Brazil on a missions trip with my church!! I leave August 4 and will be home on the 15th. What an amazing journey God has me on. Let me give you a little back story. Last year when Darin and I were visiting churches we started feeling the pull toward Koinonia Christian Fellowship here in Hanford Cali. The very Sunday that God spoke to both of us telling us this was the place he had planned for us the missions team that had just come back from Brazil were giving their testimonies of the trip. I sat with tears rolling down my face as they spoke of the powerful movement of God while they were on this trip. While they shared I heard God's voice say..."you will have a testimony like this one day". I was kind of in one of those moments wondering is that really you God?? I was also rolling my eyes, on the inside of course, saying ya right. I just couldn't see it in the midst of my own personal storm in that moment. As I look over this past year I am amazed at God's continued faithfulness in my life and in his revealing His plan for me. As I heard the rumblings of the trip coming around this year I remembered what God had said but didn't really act on it. While minding my own business Sandy, the worship pastor at our church, asked me if I would consider being part of the team that was heading out to Brazil this year!!! What could I do but say yes...God is just incredible. It has been about 4 or 5 months since I made the commitment to go and I have embarked on a journey that leaves me feeling most of the time like I'm having an out of body experience...
God is full of surprises!!!
I will share more of my journey with you soon. This post is getting way too long.
B

1 comment:

Bill S said...

Sounds exciting!