8/2/11

peace...

sometimes Gods peace seems so hard to grasp on to. The concept seems difficult and distant. Other times it seems ridiculously simple and I wonder why I don't take advantage of it more often. I believe God's peace is freely given but not with out action or guide lines to follow... for instance we can not and will not have God's peace when we are living life according to our own desires and purposes. If we are doing things OUR way then peace? Not so much. Remember what it says in the bible... His ways are NOT our ways ( Isaiah 55:8-9). The first clue... if I'm doing it my way then true ever lasting peace is not going to happen. My hope for peace is following God's ways know matter how nonsensical,  know matter what society is telling me, know matter what my human mind is saying, in fact just remembering the scripture His ways are NOT my  ways is bringing me peace.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a timely post ... HIS ways ARE higher than my ways ... HIS thoughts ARE higher than my thoughts ... why don't I just give in to HIM & quit trying to figure it out myself all the while whining "Lord, help me pleeeze" ... when He is already saying "I'm right here Kimberly. Just give it to Me" ... thank you my friend for listening to Him. I'm with you. Just reading this scripture (after being prompted by you) brought peace my way. Love you my friend!