4/28/10

My New Job...

The Title: Administrative Assistant for the Koinonia Christian Fellowship Worship Department

Now that is a mouth full...

I really enjoy my new job. I started on Feb. 16 and I'm glad that things are feeling a little more old hat-ish. It's kind of interesting I have fallen into this position at our very NEW church where we still haven't truly connected with many people maybe even any people if I'm really honest. When I say connect I guess I mean build relationships that are beyond small talk. It's like learning from the inside out. In the belly of the beast. I really like everyone and they seem to like me. I'm only there tues - fri 8:15am-2:00pm I actually go in late on Wednesday. Brit and I go to breakfast every Wed which is her late day for school. We started doing that this year and I hated to give it up. Luckily my new boss is very flexible with my schedule, within reason of course, and Brit and I are able to continue our weekly date. I don't take a lunch so I can get off at 2:00pm and it works out pretty well. I've had a hard time getting my life organized but really what's new. I feel this overwhelming need to simplify my life but I'm not sure what that looks like. So far I have cleaned out my closet got rid of a BUNCH of stuff that most people would consider clutter. I think the kitchen is next. If I don't use it it's going. I'm tired of looking at it, dealing with it and moving it around to make room for the stuff I actually use.
B

4 comments:

i heart plaid said...

Brandi,
Check out flylady.net for great ideas and motivation for keeping the house under control. She is funny-- and I listen to her 15 min.motivational talk "Focus Makes me Fabulous" to get myself back in gear. Being unorganized wears me out--and this website has helped me get my "house" in order. Seriously, give her a try.

;) Darla

Brandi said...

I totally will...thank you Darla!!!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your disconnected feeling. If I truly look at my disconnectedness. In a way I think that I have chosen this. I am involved in so many things that I can keep relationships surface deep. And looking at the root I would say that I am doing what I always do, drawing back into my hermit crab shell for full protection and armor! It is a reaction to EVERYONE "in" my life.
-josie

Brandi said...

Oh my friend...I miss your words, your laugh, your thoughts...
I wonder why I am the way I am...I to feel myself purposefully hiding. It's like when your little and you hide your head but everyone around you can see the rest of your body. It's like I'm there but I'm not there...Even as I write this I'm praying God help me!!! I know I need to be different, try harder Brandi!!