6/11/12

being me...

spend life being you...

one thing i have tried and am trying to instill in my children is, being "them" is exactly who they are supposed to be.

i know in my life i have wasted time trying to be less than who i am... thinking this can't be right! i should be more like that... of course this isn't to say that we don't grow and evolve and allow ourselves to change. No... but  when we are allowing ourselves to be shaped by things and people we are still becoming who God created "us" to be.

do you know that you are the ONLY you that God has created. there is not one other person in this world that can do things exactly like you? it says in Isaiah 44:2 (CEV or contemporary english version) I am your Creator. you were in my care even before you were born. 
You are not an accident or a mistake. You need to be you! God needs you to be you.

a time when i struggle in this area the most is when i'm leading worship at church. i begin to feel insecure and i stumble in my mind and think of everyone else who does it so much better. but then i'm reminded of these things and i pray... okay Lord i'm doin me and i know that's why i'm here in this moment because for some crazy reason, that only You know, i'm the one who is supposed to be right here at this church doing this right now...

this is true for us all! so i encourage you... do you, be you, bless us with who God has created YOU to be! or we WILL be missing something in this world.

with so many changes going on in my life i have been somewhat out of sorts struggling to figure out what in the world my problem is! i believe i've figured out that in the midst of change i'm not sure who i am... NOW??? but in true God fashion He has reminded me that i'm supposed to be me. that i'm here in this moment because for some crazy reason, that only He knows, i'm exactly who I'm supposed to be for this time in my life...

i'm re-reading a book that i highly recommend and am sure many of you have heard about and have even read called "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. it's an amazing, life changing book on this very subject.

thank you God for hearing my cries... thank you for reminding me that i am exactly who i'm supposed to be for this time in my life... amen

b


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Well put my friend. I struggle in this area too ... I'm not exactly like her/him, I don't do it exactly like them ... thanks for sharing. It's nice to know I'm not alone & that God wants me to be me! Love you!