3/22/16

Matters of the Heart



Long story short... I have type 2 diabetes along with tons of other Americans so I've heard. Currently my Dr. and I are in the process of getting my sugar levels under control. However, as my blood sugar levels have been running very high for quite some time we have been checking my organs making sure all is well. During the last year I have had heart palpitations and random shooting chest pane and tingling in my arms so... I was referred to a cardiologist. I've already gone for my first appointment and the Dr. found my heart to be slightly enlarged with a murmur and wanted to run more tests to make sure I don't have any clogged arteries. I have been assured by many that a murmur isn't all that serious and I could have had it all my life. Of course I'm probably fine but there is that small percent of my mind that is concerned and even though I'm laying my worry down in prayer every day, sometimes minute by minute, it wares a little on the soul.

Tomorrow at 9am begins a series of 4 tests through the end of this month that I'm hoping will result in peace of mind that all is well with this old girl. I will also be having my 46th birthday in the middle of all these tests which for some reason with all that's going on makes me feel very old. I'm supposing  this makes sense since, after all, it is the oldest I've ever been  lol!

It feels good to admit that this is going on! There's some kind of crazy thing that is able to go on in the mind when you keep these things inside as secrets. So... I'd like to say prayers are so very welcome and appreciated!

I'll keep you posted.

B

No comments: