7/24/08

Coffee Talk Chit-Chat Ch. 2

What Eve Alone Can Tell

Let me just say...I loved some of this chapter...I didn't like some of this chapter and some I'm just not sure how I feel yet...

What did you think?

First let me tell you what I loved...I loved the discussion on the beauty of Creation...the way the author described it from an artist perspective was inspiring...where we as women fell into this beautiful portrait was purposeful...not an after thought...but the finale of a great masterpiece that would have been incomplete without this final layer, touch, stroke. And how the picture of God him self would not have been a complete picture without including us...

I loved the concept of this question on page 26
When you are with a woman, ask yourself, what is she telling me about God?

I also began to see God differently...I am better understanding the concept of looking at me a woman being created in Gods image and relating that to Gods likeness...God's vast desire and capacity for intimate relationships, that he yearns for relationship with us that he longs to be pursued by us, that he is a jealous God. He is inviting. He is vulnerable. He is tender. He embodies mercy. He is fierce and fiercely devoted, Passionate....characteristics we are born with as women.

My problem lies with with the Beauty to unveil part of this chapter starting on pg 34...and I'm not really sure why...I have some ideas but I'm not sure if there may be issues I have that I'm having a hard time looking at with in my self...or what but I'm sure this will be revealed to me as a proceed further into this journey...But here is one issue for sure that I plan to study further...How much do we or I really know about Eve and her beauty inside or out? I need to search deeper into the bible for the answer to that...
Also on page 41...ugh...it was/is a little difficult for me to relate God to my sexuality...yes I'm a big girl and this isn't usually a difficult conversation for me to have but...well...I'm not sure why this was difficult for me in this context...but...it was...I totally get the concept and the more I read it the more sense it makes but a little difficult for me just the same...
I'll leave you with these statements from page 42...Every woman has a beauty to unveil because she bears the image of God. Beauty is an essence that is given to every woman at her creation.

No comments: