7/11/08

We're Melting!!!!!

Oh my gosh what a tiring week it has been...and HOT!!! The first day of the fair was 115...we literally stayed at the barn keeping bud cooled down so he wouldn't get over heated and DIE...and no...barns don't come with air conditioning...at least this one doesn't...and pigs actually don't sweat so it is very important to keep them cooled with water and such or they really do die...my favorite part of the day was watching Brittani work so hard and enjoy taking GREAT care of her pig and loving Bud through every hot moment...my least favorite part of the day...smelling pig poop heated up to 115 degrees...I miss my facials and pedicures...boy have things changed...so that was Wednesday...Thursday was a little cooler 110 but still the same proses...Bud did great in market...he ended up in the 1st round of pigs for the auction and at top weight...(they stop paying out at 165)...brit will make a little profit on Bud...Today was only 104 I can't believe I'm going to say this but here it goes...it was sooooo much cooler...Brittani did great in showmanship today...she has really improved...her best is getting better and better...we are very proud of her...now Darin and Colton are happily playing a baseball ps2 video game in a wonderfully cool house...I'm here writing you all and poor Brit is still battling the heat at Cheer practise...what a trooper...Tomorrow is auction where people come from all over and bid on how much they will pay per pound for bud and all the other piggies...we will get to the barn in the morning and find Bud with a number on his back placing him in auction...we will wait until our turn and Brit will go in the ring to show him while they bid...I guess the whole proses goes pretty quickly because they only get 1 minute per pig...so...we'll see...it's another adventure...
until next time...I hope you are cooler than we are...

No comments: