7/25/08

What did I do to my Hair!!

OK so I got a wild hair...no pun intended...I was tired of my hair being black...sooooo...I decided to lighten it to a good brownish red color...the problem being I have yet to find a hair stylist in Hanford...I know ridiculous right...well my fellow curly headed sisters I'm sure understand my reluctance in trust...Well I decided to drag my very willing and helpful friend Jen along for the wild ride...since I am a licensed cosmetologist I know exactly what to do but this wild mane is a little hard to handle solo...so I had it all planned out...slap the Bleach on together Jen in the back and me in front...I knew my hair would take a little while to lift that crazy black color so I wasn't worried...but...my hair started heating up like crazy...I mean HOT...I assured my dutiful friend that it was nothing to worry about I had everything under control...well after about 30 min + my hair finally lifted to a lovely shade of orange...a very clown friendly color...at this point I could see panic on colton's face and he said "mom...I like your hair black"...I assured him all would be fine once I got the next color on my head...well...yes I did it I put the next set of chemicals on my head and away it went...45 + min later...Huh...wasn't what I expected...still very orangeish gold color now...maybe good for some but a Mexican girl not so much...well I styled it and had to run because of course my schedule was packed as usual...Now..you know it looks bad when your friends say nothing at all and there children look and shriek away from you like...oooo she's scary...so I went on patiently with the thought in the back of my mind...it's off to sally's the first chance I get...now the rational side of me said at least wait a couple of days before you do ANYTHING I mean do you want your hair to fall out...but the you can't go another minute looking like this side of me took over and yes I did it again that night before I went to dinner at Jens house I had to fix it...I just had to...I mean they were waiting to see the final product...I couldn't disappoint not to mention I would never hear the end of it from Paul (Jens husband)... so I did...WHAT!!! Another chemical process on my hair...well...I love the color it's called Cinnamon Brown...but there is a problem...MY CURLS ARE PRACTICALLY NON EXISTENT!!! I'm not kidding...well maybe I'm being a little dramatic but not much...they won't scrunch and the only way I can get it 1/2 way normal is to hold my hair up on the diffuser let it dry remove the diffuser and the curl some how comes back pretty decent but NOT the same...and when it's wet it's straight except for about 3 inches of the very ends...its very scary...I hope it's just in shock...and let me just say none of this is your fault Jen...you were a very good helper and just fallowed my instruction...I blame Rhonda for being out of town and unable to help us and most important unable to talk some sense into me...Just kidding...it's all my fault!!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

No, no, no... you cannot post this story without pictures...please your faithful readers are dying.

Anonymous said...

Brandi Ruth Flores Parson!!!!!! What in the heck were you thinking??? I'm with Lori, where are the pictures of your masterpiece :(

Love,
Mom

Diana said...

So are there any step by step pictures? I'd sure love to see the orange hair! It looked just fine today (and sometimes a little less curl sounds real nice!)

Sheri Leming said...

I too, thought surely Brandi is going to reward us for reading through her entire saga with a picture at the end...but no...no such luck...
You are beautiful...no worries!
Sheri :-)

Scott said...

Here is the website I told you about a few weeks ago. I trust this organization. Maybe it will be of help.

http://www.reasons.org/

Brandi said...

Thanks Scott!