9/16/09

Baptism

This is where I was baptised...by this very man of God...Brother Davis...my first pastor...probably around the same time...no that isn't me...but I'm sure I'm close by...those are probably my knees at the top of this picture...wow what a great memory...I remember I would be soooo excited when baptism service came along...I can remember the smell of fresh wood...the red carpet covering the big door that hid this miracle place...I would just bubble with sweet anticipation...we always sang the same song after the lucky new born Christ follower would rise out of the water with hands raised so thankful for what God had done in their lives...yes even the little ones...


Gather all the saints at the river the beautiful beautiful river...



It didn't matter how many were baptised 1 or 10 they would shoot out of the water hands raised and the song would ensue and there was a celebration joined with heaven from everyone surrounding the new family member with love in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!!! What a joyful time...

2 comments:

Bill S said...

Hi Brandi~ Just wanted to let you know how much of a blessing your blog has been to me.I have visited it 3 times now and each time I feel the Holy Spirit annointing as I listen to the background music and ponder..... I am so proud of how you and Darin have chosen to raise your 2 beautiful children. I totally respect you and love you and see God's love extended through you. I was truly blessed reading about your baptism experience. It reminded me of mine. In 1971 a large group of us from Downey Calvary Chapel along with Pastor Jeff Johnson were individually baptized in the ocean @ San Juan Capistrano Beach. As I came up out of the water I felt like my soul had been washed clean! I can't describe the impact it had on me. Simple words couldn't explain it. I highly recommend to any saved brothers and sisters that haven't been baptized by immersion to pray about it and pursue it! It will impact your life and I feel God will bless you for your obedience. To you Brandi I say.... I would like to encourage you to weather the storms. Keep on keeping on! May God continue to bless you as you take every step out in faith. Ponder on....Curly! lol Love you ~~ Bill S ~~ PS Happy Birthday Brittani!! (She is only a year younger than you were when I met you!)

Brandi said...

Love you Bill so much...words can not express...my brother always...