5/4/12

Shirley's in heaven...

I haven't told you... that I lost a very dear friend last week.  I haven't been able to bare the thought of putting into words my feelings. I still can't... She's in heaven at this very moment. No pain or suffering... seeing loved ones who have gone on before her. Her son Jeff, my brother-in-law Paul (i can't wait to see him again!)

It's so hard for those of us who are left behind. I think of my friend Kerry who doesn't have her mom anymore, her daughter Erin who doesn't have her grandma anymore...sigh   Loss like this  is consuming it is in your face, you can't escape it. The grip it holds on  your heart squeezes so tightly that you don't know how you survive it...  

But it's not hopeless...

Our God picks us up, consumes us, we can not escape it, He squeezes us tight and never lets go. He helps us survive and move and breath and love and laugh again...

I love you so much Shirley...

Thank you for poring into my life so generously.

Thanks for loving me.

i miss you...

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Praying for my sweet friend. Loss is never easy that's for sure but we have the hope that we'll see them again some day. Love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Shirley was a dear sweet lady and friend. What a beautiful writing Brandi. Love you and prayers to you Kerri and to your wonderful family.
Wanda Amith

Brandi said...

Love you both... thank you for your prayers.