1/29/09

Coffee Talk Chit-chat

The Way Of A Worshiper Ch. 2

A Defining Moment

God sent the Spirit of his son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, " Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son. God has made you also an heir. (Galatians 4:6-7)

God isn't looking for servants. He is looking for sons and daughters who will join him in the family business."

This speaks volumes to me...concerning perspective of service...to many times I think I have looked at what I do for God as a servant or some what of an outsider in a way...trying to fit in with the team...I think if I looked at it as a daughter joining my father to help the family business thrive and succeed...it would feel very different to me...

What does worship mean, anyway?
Worship: to ascribe, assign, attribute, declare worth.

When we worship God, we declare his worth.

What is God worth to you?
To the extent that you can answer this question, you will be a worshiper.

So how do we discover God's worth?
I believe that an understanding of God's worth begins with an understanding of our worth to God. After all, "We love him because he first loved us" (1JN 4:19). So let's look at ourselves through God's eyes.
Let's look at ourselves "in view of God's mercy."

Wow...powerful stuff!
The question I am asking my self is this...does my worth of God match my worship?
No it does not...I'm so sorry God...I MUST do better! Thank You for Your mercy new every morning...(Lamentations 3:22-23)

No comments: