1/30/09

Colton's Famous Quotes...

After reading this blog this morning...I was inspired to share this funny little story with you all...as Colton's class prepared for Dr. Martin Luther Kings birthday Colton became and has become very interested in Black History and racism in and of its self...he approaches the subject with disbelief...soooooo one day as he pondered his learning's he stepped into our bedroom where his dad was watching the football game...noticing the African American player on the team he asked his father...dad why did we treat African Americans different in history...Darin involved in his game and not wanting to deal with such a deep subject said...Colton...lets not talk about that right now...Brittani and I were in the living room watching a movie which we paused wondering where this conversation was going and I was a little surprised Darin wasn't taking advantage of this teachable moment...Colton said Dad really why...Darin said because we used to treat African Americans like they were different than us and then we realized we weren't...Colton sat thinking about this for a minute then says.........
It's a good thing huh dad or me and you wouldn't live with Brittani and mommy....
Brittani and I sat there with mouths dropped to the floor in disbelief and Darin didn't say anything!!!! Well that was IT! It was time for mama to get involved...first of all I reminded him he was half me...see Brittani has ended up with my coloring and Colton has ended up with his dads...blue eyes and all...Don't worry we straightened things out and I straightened Darin out too...
by the way...I am Mexican/Caucasian...Darin is Caucasian...just in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Diana said...

What a learning experience for Colton. And for Darin, I'm sure!