6/10/09

Funny mud run inside info

The inside look:
As I ponder on the mud run there are some funny things I remember that I will post for you randomly...
Here is an inspiring and funny story...
So as we were waiting for the race to start the announcer informed us that there was a blind organization at the run and there were literally blind people who would be in the run with us...of course they had a guide and such but how cool is that...I mean WOW...a couple of seeing people in support of the blind participants strapped on swim goggles with duck tape and also ran the mud run blind...I couldn't even imagine...anywho...as I said before I was extremely panicked when we first started the race...maybe I'll share about that later...but...my sister assured me in my panic that she knew it was hard to believe but the further I got into the race the easier my breathing would be...and she's right I did find this EXTREMELY hard to believe as a gasped and fought for every breath I was taking and my mouth was so dry I literally was spitting cotton...I was rolling my eyes at her VERY dramatically on the inside...anyway...she was right...toward the end I think I got a little down right cocky...all this to say...back to my original story...a little more than half way through the race Erin and I came out of one of the many water/mud reservoirs and began to run once again when from behind me came a runner who ran into my sister who then flew into the jungle to her right and almost lost her footing...well instincts kicked in and I yelled...HEY!!! CAN'T YOU SEE...WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!! Only to realize that... yep...you got it...it was one of the blind guys!!! Oh and No did I stop there...of course not...I realized in an instant after seeing my sisters face that I had made a terrible mistake looked and saw that he couldn't SEE or WATCH where he was going and yelled OH YOU'RE BLIND...THAT'S OK...SORRY...ahuh yep there ya have it...my sister died laughing and well I...I ...what else could I do...I just laughed my butt off!!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

That is hilarious!