6/11/09

The new book...

So here is the book I'm reading currently during my devotional time...For The Audience Of One by Mike Pilavachi...FYI he is the pastor of the church Matt Redman comes from...I love this book!!! I thought I would share some of my reading with you today...Here is one thing that God is graciously continuing to remind me of and I'm so thankful He takes the time to do that...Mike is defining characteristics of worship and is saying how it must come before everything else....he says it like this...
That doesn't mean that we ought to have our ears permanently clamped between two worship-blaring headphones. What it means is that we need to have our hearts right. We are first of all lovers of God, people who are devoted to praising and worshiping Him, then our deeds will be powered by the right motives. When we get our priorities right and put the worship of God first, then everything else falls into place.When we put other things first even other good things: other good, Christian things then everything falls apart. It's as simple as that.
Man that is so true for me. At times in my life...not at times right now...things have felt off...you know what I mean...like my body is in the game but my head isn't...and this is why......I haven't first been a lover of God devoted to praising and worshiping Him FIRST in all that I do, think and say...in the choices that I've been making, the things I talk about, the places my mind and inevitably my heart dwell...living a life style of worship of worthship...what have I declared more worthy than my Creator...what has been worth more to me than the time I spend with Him...loving Him, adoring Him, pleasing Him...and then I wonder why things are jolty and jagged and askew...
Application: How will I realistically apply this to my real life...first I'm going to ask for forgiveness...and I think I'm going to do a practical exercise to remind my self to think on him continuously...I'm going to set my cell phone alarm today every 30 min from 7:30 this morning until 7:30 this evening and every 30 min I am going to take time to stop what I'm doing talk with God...remember Christ, ask myself am I living a life of worship right this very minute and for the last 30...I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow...
Thank you Lord for always being there for me...help me to live my life as a worshiper of you above all else...I love you with all my heart and soul...thank you for loving me...amen

No comments: