10/12/09

The Heart of the Artist Ch 3

Relationship matters and You can’t serve out of an empty cup:

After this chapter these are the two things I have been mulling over most…I think relationships matter stands out to me most at this point because starting a in a new church is really hard when it comes to building all new relationships…I know building relationship is important especially when you are battling side by side in ministry together…but authentic relationships are hard to build…surface relationships for me are easy…but taking responsibility to really get to know the people around you has it’s challenges…I’ve learned we must be purposeful in this area…I have seen people sit back and wait for the relationship to come to them and I’ve seen them disappointed time and time again…so I will step out of my personal comfort zone and try…and when I fail or give into my personal comfort zone I will refuse to give up…
Serving out of an empty cup…wow God really grabbed me with this one…it really hit me when the book said… -you can't serve out of an empty cup, so make sure you’re healthy spiritually. Don’t be the one holding the spirits anointing back by being spiritually lazy- Wow I must confess I had to repent at this point of the book…even though I do have a regular devotional time…I’m positive I haven’t been filling my cup to it’s potential…and have been pondering and working on this since I read it…

1 comment:

The Woolcocks said...

Thanks for sharing this challenge.