10/20/09

The Heart of the Artist Ch 4

Perfectionism…
As I read this chapter and prayed for God to search my heart…at the beginning I honestly thought I really didn’t have issue in this area…but as I let my preconceived ideas go and allowed God to soften my heart he revealed to me my struggle in this area…I’m even now hesitant to share…I’m not sure why…I guess it’s because I’m always so worried about keeping my motivations right and pure…I never want to be like hey look at me…look what I can do…and also in throwing it out there accountability comes…and that means…you got it…my perfectionist weakness rears its ugly head and reveals its self…but here it goes…I’m a song writer…there I said it and yes I claim it…God has given me a gift to write worship songs…and my perfectionist attitude...thoughts like...is this good enough...what will so and so think of this song etc...keeps me from sharing my music at all...and that's just bad...God has reminded me that this is a gift He has given to be used in honor of Him to glorify His name to show Himself to others to give them words that they feel but can’t find to say…how selfish it is and wrong of me to horde the gifts He has given...for what ever reason...not allowing Him to use them for his honor…forgive me Lord…well there you have it…the cat’s out of the bag now…Thank You Lord for revealing truth to me…I ask you to change this displeasing way in me…I’m so sorry…I will remember my audience of one is all that matters…here are some lyrics of one of the songs God has given me… it is my prayer…

Help me see with Your eyes
Reach with Your hands
Love with Your heart
Fill every part
Make me in Your image
Take my will complete
To be pleasing for You
Your love makes me new…make me

Amen…

1 comment:

thenewwine said...

I would LOOOOOOOVE to hear the song, because I love the words! I am a word-freak and this is my heart as well.