7/17/11

The Project...

I'm just posting this now because I was giving this away as a gift on Saturday and didn't want to spoil the surprise!!!

This is a quilt I was inspired to make by one that was made for me a few years ago. I sat, let inspiration take over and this is what I ended up with.

I've been saving old jeans that the kids have grown out of and unfortunately ones I've grown out of too, put them together and this is what came of them. There is a fleece backing. My uncle loves the Raiders so there you have it. I embroidered my uncle's name with a heart of love in a fun warm font. The quilt comes alive the more you wash it as the fray continues to grow... I wanted it to look as manly as possible.

all laid out and ready to sew... I thought strips looked a little more masculine than squares.

straight stitch then zigzag on top
Sewn together need to embroider and sew on backing

before washing...

after washing and drying


Raider fleece backing

hope you like it uncle michael...ox

No comments: