7/8/11

Tumbleweeds and me...

You wouldn't know it by looking at my backyard (or my frontyard for all that matters) but I LOVE to garden vegetables, flowers what ever... through the years my passion has stayed the same however getting the job done is an entirely different story! I tiptoe through the tulips time and time a gain as a dream of what will be... browsing through images of my favorite landscapes on the www. But alas I look out to my back yard and all my hopes and dreams come crashing down like a bat out of hades! It doesn't help that it's as hot as hades either!!

Yesterday I set out on my purposeful steps to be me journey. Through sneezing until I almost peed my pants, because some how the grass in our backyard has become haystacks. Sweating like a pig, even though pigs don't sweat! I have begun to make some head way. Yep tumble weeds are gone and things are lookn up!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh girl I feel ya! I love, love, love to garden ... although veggie gardening is something I've only attempted minimally, only tomatoes (3 kinds!),hot peppers, squash & zucchini ... I made zucchini bread (& froze some for winter) & salsa. Sadly, this year I didn't get to it (no excuse, just didn't get my rear in gear!) & I'm a bit sad about it. I enjoy working in the flower beds & find it so relaxing & so worth the benefit in spite of my sore hands & achy knees! ... I know why God visited Adam & Eve in the garden in the cool of the evening ... there's nothing quite like it! You can do it my friend ... the absence of tumbleweeds is only the beginning! You go girl! :)

Brandi said...

thank you for your vote of confidence!! ox