1/21/08

A cute little story...

There was a little boy who was frightened one night during a big thunderstorm. Terrified, he called out from his room, "Daddy, I am scared!"His father, not wanting to get out of bed, called back, "Don't worry, son. God loves you and will take care of you."There was a moment of silence. The little boy said, "I know God loves me, but right now, I need somebody who has skin on."
Isn't that how we feel sometimes...maybe even a lot of times...Bruce is teaching on Noah and yesterday he spoke about the storms of life...and how we will face storms but God is not surprised by our storms he isn't unable to handle our storms and a lot of times he is teaching us something that is going to make us more like him at the end of the storm...great sermon...I don't know if it's posted yet but you might want to check it out...he talks about it on his blog today too...you can link to it from mine...
Anyway I loved this story about the little boy...and it seemed so fitting after yesterdays teaching...

6 comments:

Sheri Leming said...

Hey Brandi!
So great to hear from you on my blog...so glad I found yours!

Thank you for living your life as Jesus with skin on! YOU ROCK!!!

I miss you guys so much. Hug that precious family for me!

Love you,
Sheri

Brandi said...

Thanks Sheri!!! Love you...

Anonymous said...

Ilove it!!

Mom

DonnaG said...

"Brandi...you're a fine girl, what a good wife" Oh wait, I was thinking of the song.

Hey, so great to see you are bloggin'. Your kids are soooooo big now. And wow, how grown up they look.

It's great to read about you and your family. We can keep up in cyberspace!

Christy said...

welcome to Blogging worls. I found you on Donnas Blog. Loving your sight! :)

Brandi said...

Thank you!!!