1/20/08

Disturbed

Recently someone made the comment to me that "musical worship is for the saved"...I agree with this comment on one level alone...yes in order to worship Christ you need to have a relationship with him but...I know through musical worship God can do many things...healing not only the body but the sole, revealing who he is in other words give understanding...and so many other things...in fact shortly after this comment was made to me and I was being weighed down by it in my thoughts I believe God dropped this little piece of manna from heaven for me in my personal time with him through a book I am reading called For The Audience Of One by Mike Pilavachi (great book I highly recommend it)...here is what he said...Over the years I have seen people change radically because they have met Jesus, fallen in love with Him and expressed that in passionate, intimate worship and in radical repentance. Some years ago at a Soul Survivor festival in England, we were in the middle of a time of musical worship, when a Young man came up and handed a knife to me and said "Please take this. I don't want it anymore I want to follow Jesus." A few minutes later another young man came up and handed me a set of brass knuckles and said the same thing. Not long after that a third young man gave me some condoms and asked me to dispose of them, as he now wanted to live for Jesus. For a while I was puzzled. I hadn't even preached yet! I had not taught that if you want to follow Jesus, you should not stab people, leave marks on their faces or have sex outside of marriage. What happened? During the worship, they met with God... Praise God!!!! Here is what I have learned so far...this statement, this view is putting God in a tiny, teeny box and you know what...we do not serve a tiny, teeny God we serve the creator of the universe the conqueror of death the all mighty healer...our God can use anything to bring people to his side and call them into relationship with him...and personally as I stand up on Sunday mornings with Gods help leading His people into His presence I will do so in confidence knowing that lives are being changed, healing is taking place, God is doing big, mighty, life changeing things in the midst of his anointed presence as we send up an offering to him...the scripture comes to me in Leviticus 9:24 when God displays his mighty power it says...Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown. Now that is the God I serve!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

So True Honey!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

When you were a little girl you used to sing the song, "I've got a river of life flowing out of me".

Now, it's not just a song, You DO have a RIVER OF LIFE flowing out of you.

I love you, honey.

Dad.