1/30/08

Pizza Potatoes

So Colton is the pickiest eater...he has texture issues...anyway I've been racking my brain trying to get some kind of veggie down his throat to no avail...well I ran across this recipe in my vegetarian times magazine (yes I've been a vegetarian for about a11/2 years now, all though it doesn't show in my waist line) called Getting Sneaky Pizza Potatoes...here it is...
4 medium-large baking potatoes
2 cups small broccoli florets
2 medium sized carrots, thinly sliced
1 16 oz. jar pizza sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella
1. Bake potatoes in microwave. 2. Steam vegetables in one saucepan until just tender. Drain. Put in food processor with pizza sauce; puree until very smooth. 3. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; arrange face up in heatproof dish. Fluff with fork spoon on as much sauce as each will hold. Spread 1/8 cup cheese on each: add Microwave about 3 minutes....
Well as you can see from the picture above...it didn't go over well...he sat there for 1 hour moaning and groaning...I wanted to kill him...of course I finally gave in...And made him pizza on a hot dog bun...It turners out he didn't like the potatoes...but loved the sauce...HA-HA Colton you ate Broccoli and Carrots!!!!!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is sooo funny. The broccoli and carrots are the important part anyway. I think I am going to have this problem with Molly.

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!! Has he eaten anymore broccoli or carrots??
Mom