3/20/08

Just a thought...

I read a quote today that really got me thinking..."The deepest longing of the human heart is to know and enjoy the glory of God". We were made for this. Isaiah 43:6-7 says "Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth...whom I created for My glory," says the Lord...The ache in every human heart is the ache for this... As I ponder this truth...I'm reminded once again how important it is to not only allow God to fill every part of me and not to allow my self to be fooled that anything else in this life will ever satisfy me...but to also live out loud with my life so others can know this same hope...to pray for the sons from afar and the the daughters from the ends of this earth...it saddens me to look around this life and see so many lost people trying to fill the desire that God instilled in each and every one of us for Himself with so many other things...Not realizing that we are starved for the glory of God...
Thank you God that I don't have to rely on self, status, relationships, material possession, substances...which will never fill me up...Thank you God for creating me to know you, follow you, worship you...help me to be conscious of the world around me...to remember to pray for my neighbors and the people of this world...help me to live out the purpose that You created me for...to be doing my part for Your kingdom so all may come to know You...Amen

1 comment:

Jen said...

I really need to be praying for our neighbors. That is not a priority these days, and should be. I am thankful for you and proud to worship with you!