3/25/08

A prayer for my friends...

Last evening at our life group I was asked a very simple question by my friend Diana..."what's your favorite book in the bible". I told her Philippians definitely one of the top picks for me...I began thinking...you know it's been a while...and today in my quiet time I decided to read Philippians again...as I am reading I'm remembering why it's one of my favorites...one of my favorite passages being Paul's prayer in the beginning of the book. Today I pray this prayer with my heart. For my friends, my brothers and sisters in Christ who choose to fight the good fight...
Philippians 1:9-11
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God...Amen

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks friend!!!

Diana said...

Aw... I made the blog! Thanks for being a wonderful friend and for your prayers.