5/5/08

The Boy and The Talk

OK so...remember "The Boy" I talked to you about some months back...well...he is still buzzing around my daughter like a big black scary bumble bee...you know the kind you want to just run from screaming for your life...anyway...Darin and I have not budged one little Iota on all of our rules with this "THING" going on...and I must say I have been secretly hoping and expecting "The Boy" to turn tail and run...But NO...he's taken it like a real trooper and we aren't sure weather to hate him or like him for it...here are some of the rules just as an example...
-No texting
- in fact no cell phone at all
- you must call the house if you want to talk to our daughter...
-no movies unless we are with them in the theater and they don't have to sit with us but definitely in front of us...
-no mall unless we are with them...
just to name a few...
"The Boy" had a birthday party at his house that was from 5:30-10:00pm...Oh NO NO NO...we let her go for 2 hours and absolutely no bathing suit would be worn...we couldn't figure out if it was a pool party but we knew he had a pool and we were not going to go there!!! Anyway good thing too when we got there to pick her up I found 3 couples in the Jacuzzi hanging on each other with my daughter obediently sitting on the outside with her feet safely dangling in the cesspool of lust...
Just catching you up to yesterday...well hold on lets go back a little...a few days after the cesspool of lust Darin told my "I want to have a man to man talk with The Boy" I had a worried but curious response but on the inside I was jumping for joy thinking this is it...this is it...it's finally over he is going to break up with her after this for sure maybe even before so he doesn't have to go through "The Talk" at all....so I said you should let Brit know so she is expecting it and she can let him know...and the rest just poetry in motion...ya baby...NOPE...first we told the little princess and she said OK that's a good idea mom...I'll tell him...WHAT!!! So I pick her up from school and ask her well did you tell "The Boy" and she said "Ya!! He said OK...he looked a little scared but he said ok...OH MY GOSH...what does it take with this kid? So yesterday he called to ask if he could come over and Darin said yes...and told me I'm going to talk to him today...I said ok and well...after he was here for about 30 min. I hear Darin say "Hey come out here to the porch I want to talk to you a minute". Oh how I wish I could have been a fly on the wall...But My husband is such an awesome Father I mean it!!! They had a man to man talk about what we expected of him...that Brittani is special and he's lucky to be hanging around with her andThe Boy said "yes sir I agree" Darin told him how she is our most precious gift and if anything were to happen to that gift we would not be happy...and of course NO touching legs, hanging on each other and NO kissing...but holding hands is ok...IF she wants to and she will let him know if she does...Well "The Boy" said I completely understand Mr. Parson...Looked Darin straight in the eyes the entire time...then we all went to Superior Dairy for Ice cream...sooo The Boy is still around and looking a little better than he did the day before yesterday.

4 comments:

sharon said...

Brandi,

This reminds me of the Rodney Adkins song with lyrics that say,

"Now Come on in boy, sit on down
And tell me 'bout yourself
So you like my daughter, do you now
Yeah we think she's something else
She's her daddy's , her momma's world
She deserves respect, thats what she'll get
Ain't it son, ya'll run on and have a little fun
I'll see you when you get back
Probably be up all night
Still cleaning this gun.

Good luck!

MLasch said...

Darin ROCKS!!! What a great dad! And go mom! You guys are doing a great job with this thing. We aren't too old to remember how it was... and things haven't changed. Young love is so special and so precious, but it can go so wrong and lead to so much heartache. Keep doing what you are doing. Don't let your guard down. Protect this amazing gift God has given you with everything you've got!

Diana said...

You should have seen this coming the moment you brought your beautiful girl into the world! She sure is growing into a beautiful young woman, and I'm not surprised she is attracting attention! Good for Darin for setting the standards and laying them out clearly and plainly to THE BOY. I sure hope he (and Brittani) respects those guidelines. I think if I were a little teenage boy I would be scared of Darin.

DonnaG said...

Darin ROCKS! I totally agree with Michelle. It was not that long ago that we all went through this. I wish that I had a dad around to protect me like Darin is doing. Wow. Way to go both of you!

Brit is special and you are letting her know that. Awesome job parents!