5/21/08

Superhero Day!!!

Today was superhero day at Colton's school...of course I didn't know because I am a terrible mother...anyway...I send Colton to the bus stop...which is directly across the street...and not 5 minutes later here comes Colton barreling back through the door exclaiming..."I need a cape... I need a cape"...what for I say...and he says..."its superhero day"...I say Colton we don't have capes anymore I'm sorry Honey...there was a moment of Now What...and then the light bulb moment!!! "I'll go as DAD" he says...like why didn't I think of that in the first place!!! My heart burst with Love for my son and Pride for my husband...as I rushed off to find a Football shirt or something for him to wear...I come back to his room to find him dressed like this...

Yep...he looks just like his Superhero!!!!

I love my little man!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is so awesome. I am so welling up with tears. When we grow up we want to be parents just like you!

DonnaG said...

Oh my goodness that was so wonderful to read. I can see him dashing around trying to look like his pop.

Good thing he didn't go as you.. he would have been passing gas all day.

Rhonda said...

That is so awesome. I love to see what they pick when they want to look like their parents. He did a great job! What I would really have love to have heard was how he bragged about what superhero he was to his friends.

Anonymous said...

Oh Brandi,
How very precious!!! I absolutely love my little guy:) Darin must have been so proud and so touched.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is the best compliment you can get from anyone. Our kids know us better than the rest of the world. And to have them think of you as a Superhero is Awesome. I also appreciate the fact that he wanted to be his dad in the everyday not the Football Coach... He is so proud of being Darin's son and he wanted everyone to know it. I am so proud to know all of you. You are an example for the world to learn from. Keep up the great work. It is paying off for your kids and the others they (and you) influence.

Paul

Diana said...

That is so wonderful! You guys should be so proud of him. I bet Darin was just beaming when he found out about this!