5/29/08

Giving, Receiving, Passing continued

Still meditating on this concept and still sharing...
What does this look like the giving, receiving, passing? The thought that comes to mind is Money, tithing, gifts, talents, knowledge...how many times do we hold these things tight to our chest...hording them for our selves alone? I know I do this...and I think it could be defined as selfishness...How many times has God given me something He has intended for me to pass on to someone else and I haven't? How many times has the Kingdom suffered for my selfishness? Probably none...it's not like God needs me to accomplish his plans...so then who really suffers? Me. Yes I do believe God gives us things for us alone to hold on to little gifts blessings...He is so wonderful and gracious...but I don't think that is what He is trying to teach ME through this thought that won't let me go...well that's all for now...
Lord thank you for taking the time to speak to me, teach me, mold me into your image...how I love You so....

3 comments:

epic bruce said...

Hording is one option witht he things we receive. It is the option most chosen. And it is the option least powerful. I have spent most of my life hording. As a struglling materialist I fight the hording instinct every day. I see things that are beautiful, inspiring, incredible, or just fun and think I need to own them to enjoy them. This is the hording disease at its most base level. I am trying a new mantra - "The power is in passing."

Jen said...

I love your playlist!! "I need love" by LL...I haven't heard that song in years! I still know ALL the words. You have great taste in music, in addition to your other great characteristics. The dance floor is calling our name!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words - you may never know how much they touched me....

Your blog is beautiful and I will be back!