9/2/08

The Drive...

We went to see my family in the L.A. area this weekend...my niece was getting married and of course we wouldn't miss it for the world...with gas prices the way they are we had to take our little, tiny car and it just isn't as comfy and spacious as the Tahoe but we saved $100.00 so comfort smomfort...
This picture says a lot about me and Darin...He's donut shop coffee and I'm Starbucks...Taking a 9 year olds picture in the car...Taking a 13 year olds picture in the car...ugh
Who's this handsome stud?
The beautiful 91 freeway...almost there
see the big building with the flag on it...there is also a big panther to the right...this is The High School Darin graduated from and where he worked for gosh I don't know how long from 1988 as a football coach then a long time as a teacher and a coach until maybe 1998/99ish...any who...when we get to this point in our trip the kids go WILD...it's crazy...I guess they know we are very close to Nana and Papa's house maybe 20 min to go...And of course the beach...I have to go even if it's just to look at it and smell it when we visit...
I didn't get it in the picture but just to the right is the play ground I used to take the kids to early Saturday mornings when Darin had football films to review with the team...then we'd go to
Mc Donald's for breakfast...the good old days...

1 comment:

Diana said...

Glad you had a good time away! My mom plays the dulcimer. Very few people know that instrument, but it's so beautiful!