4/19/08

The Big Day!!

Oh my gosh!!! I had to take the time to write a little bit in hopes that it will calm me down to get my feelings out...we'll see??? Today is the BIG cheer try out day...I can not believe how nervous I am!!! The funny thing is Brittani has made the Freshman squad already...because there were so few soon to be freshman girls trying out...these try outs are for the JV squad...so at least we are not going to go through the agony of she didn't make anything at all...and you know I'm not sure if it's even about that at all...for one thing my baby is putting her self out there in front of everyone which is big for her...she's giving it all shes got!!! I'm so proud of her...but of course our natural instinct is to protect our babies from people who may judge to harshly, not taking into account every circumstance and what about the hecklers in the crowd!!! And of course it's all about a new journey...a journey that I can not go on with her...a journey that I am truly on the out side looking in with only my support to give and I see a future of that happening more and more...my baby is growing up...and I HATE it and LOVE it...it is definitely bitter sweet...

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh wow! How exciting and scary for you. I can't imagine being there with my own one day. I've been on both sides of that judges table, and I know how nervous those poor girls can get. Brittani is so brave! Good luck Mom.

Lori said...

And by the way, I LOVE your playlist!

Rhonda said...

GO, GO, G - O, GO BRITTANI GO!

She was awesome!!!!
I will bring a dvd of the video I took to Epic tomorrow.
Thanks for letting us be a part of this. Love you!