4/9/08

Self Talk Soul Talk Chapter 1

Not So Well with My Soul:
A great analogy: The (my) Thought closet...
Jennifer says: I seem to have a secret closet tucked somewhere in the hallways of my mind. A thought closet. And what I had been storing in that closet wasn't good at all: shelves and racks and bins full of hidden thoughts, secret insecurities, lies, illusion and reminders of former failures.
Hmmm...I can relate to this all to well...as my reading of this book unfolds I am realizing I really do have a thought closet that I need to work on...I made a conscious decision to write down some of the thoughts I have about my self on a pretty regular basis here are just a few...
"You idiot"
"why did you ever think you could do this"
"you can't remember anything"
"get it together before people realize you're an idiot"
Ugh...not pretty is it. I challenge who ever is reading this to take some time to really be conscious of what you say to your self. I bet you will be surprised as I was just how much we haven't put on the mind of Christ concerning our selves...
Jennifer says It's time we take inventory. The stale contents of our overstuffed closets should not be the source of our musings. It's time to update the wardrobe.
Romans 12:2
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
When you speak truth to your soul, you'll live out the truth. Your soul talk really can help it become well with your soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet baby!! the devil is such a LIAR!!! The coolest thing is how the GOD has equipped you to become such a wonderful woman of God and I am so...ooo proud of you :)

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

The God??? I meant to say our God!!

Mom