4/9/08

Self Talk Soul Talk Ch. 2

Renewing Your Thought Closet:
Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in thy sight,
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer

This story made me so sad...
A man named Dennis confided one of the deepest hurts of his life."I have three brothers. All the time I was growing up, when my father introduced us, he said my brothers' names, and then he always said, and this is our retarded son, Dennis. It always made me feel so bad." Dennis Sobbed uncontrollably as the years of heartbreak washed over him once again.

Dennis has disabilities and maybe back when he was a boy people didn't understand disabled children had feelings. I don't know. In my mind no excuse will suffice.
What was his dad thinking!!!! I can't Imagine saying something so mean and hurtful to my precious babies!!
So the point being each of us has things in our thought closets that we wish weren't there. We all have thrown things in without really considering where they came from or if they belong there.
Jennifer says: Imagine being in a park and finding a filthy blouse over by the Dumpster. Could you ever see yourself picking it up, taking it home, and hanging it in your closet by your best Little black dress?
Only it's worse. We're not just taking a mucky piece of clothing and hanging it in a closet; we're taking dirty, ill-fitting words and storing them in the sanctity of our minds!
We have borrowed unbecoming beliefs from other people and hung them in our closets. We have grabbed clumsy considerations and careless characterizations and made them part of our wardrobe even when they didn't come close to fitting.

The words you say to yourself both true and false have the same impact as words you speak to others or that others speaks to you!!!

I am absolutely positive that I would not let others talk to me the way I talk to my self especially someone like Darin (my hubby)... if he told me...man you've got a problem you can't remember anything!!! or You idiot what were you thinking!!! I know I would have a few choice words for him...Hmmmm I wonder what that means?

I'll leave you with Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW very thought provoking (no pun intended)!!

Thank You Honey,
Mom