4/23/08

Self Talk Soul Talk Ch. 6

Look Up: Hope in God my Soul
Psalm 42:11
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, For I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
some favorite quotes:
Jennifer says:
-Fear betrays; hope never does
-Our problems usually have less to do with our circumstances and more to do with the way we choose to feel about them.
Here is a life style Jennifer talks about that I will probably be working on until Christ comes:
The most hopeful people are those who put their trust in the Lord. Liberated from the need to always be in control, they are able to rest in Him rather than struggle to avoid difficulties in this life. They don't become hopeless because their hope is in God, not themselves or the alleviation of their circumstances.
Isaiah 50:2
Was my arm to short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you?
Isaiah 59:1
Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor His ear to dull to hear.

No comments: